Friday, February 22, 2008

I should be going to sleep, but instead ...


... I'm belatedly uploading pictures from the Canary Islands trip. 



This is a very cool looking auditorium in Santa Cruz de Tenerife. I think it looks like a particular kind of hat that certain sailors used to wear, way back in the days of exploration by boat. But I haven't found any information yet to substantiate this thought. (I also haven't looked very hard.) If you know what that kind of hat is called, please share.



This was taken in a cemetery in Puerto de la Cruz.



In the Botanical Gardens in Puerto de la Cruz.  Because plants deserve respect too.  

One day I went by myself up into the Anaga to go hiking and for solitude. It was gorgeous. That's the volcano Teide in the distance.  (The northern coast of the island is on the right side of the picture.) 


In other -- unrelated to the Canary Islands -- news, I've had my beloved MacBook for one year. One year already! They grow so fast. Happy birthday, Anntastic!

No comments: